February 14, 2011

Farewell Klamath!

Sunday, February 13th, 2011
**DEEP BREATH**

Well, its time!!! I cannot believe how fast this past month flew by! But it did, and we're off. Our adventure started early this morning as soon as we got to the train station and checked in, we discovered both of our bags were overweight, and as a result, could not be checked!

This is my "sad face" 'caused according to the scale at home, our bags had been the correct weight!


SOOOOOO......Guess who got to go dumpster diving for a box to put some of our stuff in!?!


Dad and I couldn't resist a good photo shoot ;)
Yes, that's me! :D I even got honked at by a train :P
Though the picture was slightly over dramatizing the situation, we did have to dig a box out to put the air mattresses in so each bag would be under 50lbs.


Nothing like a humbling experience to start of a missions trip, hmm? :) Sure glad I have a sense of humor!

Our journey continues tomorrow morning dark and early! We will be leaving at 4:15am for Portland. Mr. Polard's flight leaves at 6:40am so we get to bum around the airport until our flight, which departs at 11:15am. From PDX we fly to Seattle, WA; from Seattle to Frankfurt, Germany, and from Frankfurt to Kiev, Ukraine! Should be long, LONG travel day.

If you could be praying for our trip over, it would be much appreciated! I'm not a very good plane traveler!

Hold onto your seats folks! Here we go!!!

For Christ and His glory,

Lindsey Kae


At the train station, gotta take a picture for Mom!

Hannah got to ride the train up to Salem with us, lucky Jordan!

Tearful goodbye!
Sophie had kind of a rough time :(
Waiting for the train, so.......why not dance?

The grand finish! :) Me and my Jon Boy :)


Huggin' on my Mama <3

Well, we had to get the sign in the picture so ya'll would know where we left from ;)



Only REAL men wear fanny-packs!



Hmmm, I don't know if I'm ready for this!!!

 
One last look.....and we're outta here!

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you....and staying tuned for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless your travel day with safety and His peace! I love you so much and miss you already, but am so excited for what God has in store for you. You will find God sufficient and faithful, for each task at hand.
    Praying for you both!
    Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How exciting! You two are in my prayers!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey the dumpster pictures turned out great! ;D I'm praying for both of you... and I'm excited to see what else comes up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that makes me sad about our scales at home too. I bet the train stations scale was off!
    Mama

    ReplyDelete