February 26, 2011

2 Weeks Down

Jordan started his week off right, with a little bit of flu! :P

Couldn't keep much down all night, and slept (or rested) all day on Monday. We offered to let him sleep the day away in the annex (which is just a little appartment/garage in back of the church) but he prefered to listen to the hammers going all day. At the end of the day when I was quietly playing guitar, he snapped at me about causing the "headache bees" to buzz in his head. Well,  I just figured he gave up the right to silence when he chose to be in there while we were working all day! *Sigh*

He hardly moved all day! Almost same possition exactly :)

This is the annex. We stayed the first week here while we made the
church livable.

This will be the kitchen of the Pollards appartment in the church....
As you can see, it needs a little work :)

This is Jordans little corner of the world. While he was sick,
I let him use my bed because its a bit more comfortable.

And this is Mr. Pollard's corner of the world!

This is the bathroom....another "needs work" area.
I finished drywalling it Tuesday afternoon. This coming week we will be taping and texturing in here.

Its really hard to take a bath in here....It doesn't hold water well :)

DRAT!!! I have beheaded yet another nail! SOMEDAY
 I will get the hang of this! Jordan and I affectionately call these "Bloody Marys"

Lights sure don't do much good on the floor!!!
We did get them hung and all the wiring is done upstairs, so they are now in working order!


This is Stanley! He's my partner in crime!
As I am learning to hang drywall, I am discovering some techniques that are helpful! So far the MOST helpful is using a hammer that is not too heavy for you and fits your hand! The hammer I used the first couple times is a "man hammer"....you know, one of those really heavy, beefy ones with the ginormouse wooden handle? Stanley and I make a MUCH better team (although I still cant nail in a straight line to save my life!!!)!

Mr. Pollard, hard at work :)

 I must say we've been failing on taking pictures overall. We get so busy working and doing things that we just dont get the camera out, but we will try to do better this coming week! :)

Thanks for your prayers!

-For Christ and His glory,
Lindsey Kae 

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I were there helping !!! I love doing that kind of work!! Had fun finishing your closet Linds..... We caulked up that hole in the trim that was big enough for an army of mice to come through.... All painted and pretty! Took all your clothes out of closet so the didn,t get dusty.....made me homesick for you!! ... we pray for you every day.....actually.. a lot during every day... Love G.Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you blog, Lindsey, just silently.This post reminded me of learning from my Dad how to use a hammer:)I'm sure he said more but the thing I remember, every time I pick one up, is him saying, "Use your wrist, not just your arm. You're working too hard." It really works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a big jug of water or rice wine beside your bed? ha ha!
    And where do you sleep, Lindsey? In the bathtub?
    You have Hannah's hammer?
    Just askin'
    Mom

    ReplyDelete