March 27, 2011

I tried!

I have tried multiple times to upload pictures and all it gives me is security errors! Its either a problem with the thumb drive, or I am just computer illiterate! Maybe both, I don't know! :P Soooo, I'll just fill you in on the happenings here instead! Honestly, there has been so much going on I don't even know where to start!

BUILDING PROGRESS:
The building is coming along rather quickly now. There is still a lot to do and we won't be even close to finished, but progress is indeed being made! Last week we finished putting the church pews together and put a coat of lock on. They still need to be sanded again and another coat of lock put on, but that probably won't happen until we leave. We have laid particle board down on the floors to get it ready for vinyl (if thats spelled wrong, I blame Jordan ;). Dan made a pulpit last week and needs to put a few finishing touches on it. We have also started to make trim for the windows. They need to have a coat of lock put on. So I think the focus this coming week will be getting the flooring laid and putting trim up. The basement is still in need of a lot of work (walls finished, drywall, joints taped, power run, etc).

NEW FRIENDS AND OTHER ISSUES:
Dan has been getting massages for back issues (did I tell you that already?) and the woman he's been going to happens to be one of the people who were driven out of the church for their belief in eternal security. Her name is Irrenna. She and her husband, Igor, have been talking to Dan for a few weeks and she has gotten involved in helping with the game nights on Friday nights and wants to be involved with the youth summer camps. She is a wonderful woman :)
Another set of new friends are also some who were kicked out of membership in the church (although they can still attend, they cannot participate in services). Their names are Jennyia and Veeca. They have two very sweet little girls, Margarita and I cannot for the life of me remember the others name! They have been incredibly hospitable with us since we met them. They have us over for meals, they come and help us at the church with work, and they come to the game nights to be involved.

Veeca is also a massage therypist (sp?).  She discovered that I am having back issues (such as having much difficulty straightening up after working all day and having a bit of trouble moving around in general) and offered to work on it for me. Now, you would assume that a massage would be relaxing, yes? Well, she got my spine and ribs somewhat straightened out alright! I think their idea of massage is more like a chiropractor. After one of my massages, I asked Jordan to see if there was a little bit of a bruise on my shoulder blades because they were kind of sore. I was shocked to discover the whole top part of my back was very bruised indeed! I found it pretty humerous because that was the last thing I expected from a massage! :) But she assured me it was normal since my spine and ribs were so very out of place :)

My mama finally got here on Saturday afternoon! I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad to have her here! :) Every girl needs her mama :) We hit up the Sunday bizzare this morning, and thats exactly what it was! Almost everything you could imagine was being sold there: clothing, tools, car parts, cleaning supplies, furniture, toys, trees, seeds, produce, milk, eggs, chicken and pigs and rabbits (both dead AND alive), breads, candy, pasteries, etc, etc, etc. QUITE the experience! SADLY, the rest of our Sunday was ALSO quite an experience, but not a good one!

THE BIG ISSUE:
This morning, the church blew up. Not the building, the people! Its really a lot to explain and I don't know if I'm the best person TO explain because, #1 I don't speak their language, and #2 I have not been around the church and the people long enough to know every side of the story. But I will try to give you a general idea. The Ukrainian Baptist Union took it upon themselves to ordain a pastor for the church. They chose the current "leader" of the church, Yulie, who is a fairly new believer and very little experience teaching the Bible. There was a lot of yelling, arguing, and accusations flying every which way. I HAVE NEVER WITNESSED SUCH A SCENE IN MY LIFE!  Jordan, Mom, and I were praying. After a while, Jordan and Mom went to look after the kids. I stayed to give support to some of them women I have gotten to know, hugging them while they cried, weeping with them at this scene of a church seemingly disintegrating before my very eyes, and praying like crazy. I didn't even know what to pray exactly. The only words I could find in my prayers were for God to do battle for the hearts of the people and for Satan to be defeated today. The Union leaders finally left and the issues are unresolved. All I can say is it that it broke my heart for these people!
Please be praying for the church here. Only God knows what will happen and He is ultimately in control!

For Christ and His glory,
Lindsey Kae

1 comment:

  1. I think I will pass on the massage.....

    The ordeal at the church sounds like something that would have made me very uncomfortable; poor people, to have that going on with no resolution. I will pray.

    ReplyDelete